How to Change Location and IP Address on The Internet?
There are several reasons why VPNs are a common and straightforward utility. In addition to protecting your privacy, it can alter your IP address and location practically anywhere.
There are numerous ways to modify your location because websites and online services can determine where you are based on your IP address, GPS position, ISP's region, and even cell phone tower pings.
Geo-spoofing, also known as changing your location, has many advantages, such as preserving your online anonymity, avoiding throttling, enhancing your security and privacy, enabling you to access and stream region-restricted content, and helping you save money by snagging deals only available in other countries.
We have put together a thorough manual on how to activate these superpowers. So let's examine the advantages of changing VPN and changing your location and IP address.
Reasons to Use a VPN to Change Your IP Location
You could wish to use a VPN to alter your location for several reasons, including:
- Accessing region-specific streaming services. Numerous streaming services, including Netflix and Amazon Prime, provide materials in various geographic locations. You can get around geo-restrictions and access stuff from around the world, including shows and sporting events, by altering your location with a VPN.
- Obtaining more affordable prices for goods and digital services. Numerous internet firms could use various charges depending on the location. Therefore, if you have the time to research pricing for goods or services in several places, you could save significant money, especially when making pricey internet purchases or booking flights.
- Enhancing your security and safety. A VPN protects you against online hackers and third-party snoopers by encrypting your internet traffic. It also preserves your online privacy by shielding your activity from prying eyes. By doing this, you can always be protected, even when utilizing free Wi-Fi.
- If you reside in a nation that closely watches its citizens' online activities, or if you're a journalist, activist, or blogger, getting around a government's internet censorship can be crucial. You may get around censorship and hide your IP address by using a VPN. You can do this to access and distribute content anonymously from the government.
- A common usage of VPNs is to get over restrictions at work or school because they enable you to get around the network firewall and access any websites your company or school blocks.
- VoIP calls are an inexpensive but effective method of online communication. However, these Voice over Internet Protocol talks can be recorded and examined without a VPN. These calls will be encrypted using a VPN, making it considerably more challenging for outside parties to decipher them.
What to Do if The VPN Is Ineffective in Preventing Geo-Blocking
There could be many causes for your VPN's failure to perform as promised. If that occurs, try these things:
Make sure your IP address is not being leaked
A VPN client may occasionally appear connected and display the VPN address, but your real IP address may be exposed. If you see your actual IP address when checking your IP on websites like IPLocation.net, the VPN is not operating correctly.
Change to a different server
Even if your VPN assigned you a new IP address correctly, a website may detect the use of a VPN address range and restrict or prevent your access. You might be able to resolve this problem for yourself by changing servers.
See whether there is a geolocation API
Websites and apps frequently use the HTML Geolocation API to determine your location. And if you've already used that site or app and permitted them to track your position, this can even find you when you're using a VPN. Check your browsers and applications for any rights you may have granted, and remove any you don't want to remedy this.
Examine your cookies
If a website is one you've visited before, there might need to be more than changing your IP address to make it believe you're in a different place. To get around this, consider clearing your browser's cookies and history before logging in to remove any extraneous data.
Websites may mistakenly believe that you are submitting requests from a different location than you are at times, thanks to DNS. Choose a trustworthy third-party DNS provider, please.
If you're having trouble accessing geo-restricted content, try using a different browser. It might help you resolve the problem.
Consider turning off location services
Regarding the geolocation API, it's possible to note that some apps won't function if location services are turned off.
Frequently Asked Questions
When I use a VPN service, how does Google determine my location?
Your IP address and the signals coming from neighboring Wi-Fi hotspots are the two sources Google uses to determine your location. This is why you should disable Wi-Fi on your device and instead utilize mobile data (if using an iPhone or iPad) or a cable connection to ensure that even the powerful Google is unaware of your location.
Do VPNs alter the location of phones?
With a VPN, you may alter where your phone (or tablet, computer, etc.) appears online. Your smart device can also connect to the outside world in other ways. Your precise location may still be determined through your Wi-Fi and Bluetooth modules and your GSM receiver/transmitter (the component of your phone that enables making “normal” phone calls).
Is it illegal to change your IP address?
It's legal to change your IP address on its own. However, utilizing a VPN is prohibited and restricted in several nations.
5 Ways to Customize WordPress Password Protected Pages
December 11, 2022
How to Protect Your Computer from Trojan Horse Virus
November 2, 2022