WordPress Event Website Troubleshooting With Installing A Fresh Copy of it
Modern Events Calendar (MEC) plugin is compatible with all WordPress standards and follows all the security considerations. Each updated version of MEC is always tested on multiple servers with different specifications before the public release, so that the users are not expected to encounter any issues.
WordPress Event Website Troubleshooting
With all that into the acount. Yet, you may experience conflicts with some plugins and this is due to the fact that checking compatibility with all the plugins in the WordPress repository is simply not plausible.
Therefore, you need to create a simple test environment to install the plugin on, so that we can check for the issue, possibly fix it and implement it in future updates.
To perform this task, please follow the instructions below:
How to Install a Fresh Copy of WordPress and start troubleshooting?
The function of the fresh WordPress is not for us to prove whether or not MEC plugin is working properly and problem-free. Our team has already made sure of that part! The question is how the installation of fresh and clean copy of WordPress helps us find the issue? Here is how it works:
1. After installing WordPress, enable the WordPress debug mode. It will cause the fatal error or any other warning to be displayed.
2. Checking the WordPress staging site can reveal what your host server might be lacking.
3. Activate MEC plugin and only perform the procedure whereby you encountered the issue on your live site. (Use only MEC import and export features. Here you can find the explanation on how your settings and events can be transferred with just a few simple clicks.)
4. If you encounter an issue, you need to check MEC settings. If there is no configuration error, the issue may be related to MEC. In such case, our support team will analyze the issue. Some issues can be resolved on the spot. Others however will be forwarded to our development team together with a full report and fixed as quickly as possible; that is to say at the most, by the next two updates. (In any case, we will focus all our efforts on fixing the issue as quickly as possible, preferably in the first update release.)
Follow these steps after wordPress event website troubleshooting:
At this stage if there are no issues, implement following instructions:
- We will remove the theme and other plugins from your main site. However, neither will we be activating plugins simultaneously, nor be changing the settings.
- Th first step is to re-activate the theme and look into the issue with MEC plugin as explained in step 4. If the problem is found to be regarding theme compatibility with MEC, our team will fix the compatibility issue.
Keep in mind that we always check MEC’s compatibility with the popular WordPress themes.
- The second step is to re-activate the plugins one-by-one and follow the steps above (steps 4 and 5-b). We need to check the default settings of each plugin. If it is not the default settings, rather specific settings of one of your plugins that is causing the problem, then the solution will be given accordingly. Otherwise, it may require compatibility with the conflicting plugin or the use of an alternative plugin.
- If the default settings of the other plugins do not display any problems, in the third step we will check the settings of any plugin with an import/export feature and perform the transfer using one plugin at a time and check the settings for the sign of error. If the settings on your site run smoothly while MEC displays error, the issue will be forwarded to our development team immediately and resolved as expeditiously as possible.
If you have further questions about how to successfully set up and event website read our blog post.