Best WordPress Plugins You Must Have on Your Website
It doesn’t matter if you are a professional developer or a normal user who is building your own website, you can’t deny the use of plugins in building a website. It doesn’t matter how much custom coding you are using on your website, you will need plugins eventually. Although we can say that using too many plugins will make your website run slower, using practical plugins will help you build a well-functioning website even if you don’t have coding skills at all.
In this article, we made a list of the best and the most practical WordPress plugins you will need in different areas for building a website.
Top WordPress Plugins List
Best WordPress SEO Plugin: Yoast SEO
Yoast is a search engine optimization plugin for WordPress with over 5 million installations all around the world. Yoast is the best SEO plugin because it is created by professionals, so this plugin will take care of the most settings and you should only focus on creating content and structuring those contents.
- Creating XML sitemaps to inform search engines of its existence
- Page analysis checks (like the length of the posts)
- Creating better content with snippet preview
- Meta & Link (power to determine which page should show in search results)
- Multi-site compatibility
- Social media integration
- Breadcrumbs (for navigating users and search engines)
- All in one SEO
- SEO framework
- SE Ranking
Best WordPress page builder: Elementor
Elementor is the leading WordPress page builder plugin with over 1,000,000 installations. It is a simple, powerful and flexible page builder with a great visual design.
Experience fast page loads and speed in performance with all in one solution. These features along with other important features made Elementor one of the best in its kind.
- Fastest drag & drop and intuitive editor
- Step by step video tutorials
- Translated into over 50 languages
- Over 300 beautiful templates
- Dozens of widgets to choose from
- 24/7 support and many features in the Pro version
- Divi builder
- King Composer
Best WordPress Slider Plugin: Smart Slider 3
Smart Slider 3 is currently the most popular slider plugin in the official WordPress repository. It has 500.000 active installs and 5-star ratings. You can build your slider easily with the drag and drop editor, also you can import a predesigned template from the Slider library.
A slider can be a good design element that you can use in any part of your page. It can be a great header, but you can use it in your post to display images. But you are not limited to use images, you can choose from more layers such as a heading, text or a CTA button, you can also create video sliders. You can publish your slider in many ways and Smart Slider 3 works with the most popular page builders, too.
- Totally responsive
- SEO friendly
- User-friendly slide editor
- Slider and Slide library, ready to use designs
- Layers for adding content
- Dynamic generators like WordPress post slider where the content can
- Slider Revolution
- Layer Slider
Best WordPress Contact form creator: Contact form 7
Contact form 7 is a form creator plugin for WordPress that can manage and customize multiple contact forms and is installed over 5,000,000 by users.
Also, the created form supports the submitting base on AJAX, CAPTCHA, and spam filtering. It is one of the best contact form creators because of its ease of use and ability to adjust the available forms. The interface of this plugin is based on HTML tags and sometimes you should change the codes manually to get what you need.
- Standard contact form
- Old but functional
- Simple, fast, free and effective
- Good selection of field types
- Fairly straightforward interface
- Unlimited number of forms
- Ninja Forms
Best WordPress Multilingual translation solution: WPML
WPML is the most downloaded multilingual WordPress plugin with over 600,000 downloads for websites all around the world. It allows WordPress to run multilingual.
It is a very important WordPress plugin because the author can write the contents in different languages and translate those contents to even other languages, Therefore you should consider this WordPress plugin for your website because it is one of the best and very handy ones.
- Powerful Translation Management
- Theme and plugin text translation
- Reliable support
- Works with most WordPress themes
- Easy to run with one WordPress installation
- Easily send the translation to integrated translation services.
- qTranslate X
Best WordPress Online Shopping plugin: WooCommerce
WooComerce is the best open-source plugin for online shops. It is very popular because it can answer to your needs from small online businesses to large-sized ones. WooComerce is very simple and easy to install and customize, and also tightly safe and secure because of the dedicated team of developers and volunteers (It is an open-source plugin.). We can say that there is no actual competitor for WooCommerce in WordPress and if you want to use something else as your shop maker other than this one, you have to look for other CMSs.
- Modern and clean interface
- Improved experience for store owners
- Full control of check out process
- Ability to set the default currency
- Geo-location Support
- Page load reduction
- Inventory Management
- Shipping Calculations
- SEO optimized
- Discount Coupons and codes
- Squarespace Online Stores
You can manage your events with Modern Events Calendar (MEC) very easy, fast and in a modern way. MEC is one of the best event calendar plugins of WordPress since it is too fast with simplicity and no need to worry about migrating and transferring your current data from another event calendar plugin. You need only a few clicks and a couple of seconds to import data automatically with full details.
- Ability to create all day events
- Advanced event locations system
- The advanced event organizer system
- Ability to tag events
- Event countdown
- Event custom link page
- Dynamic event labels
- RTL support
- Different kinds of view (list view, grid view, agenda view, map view…)
- All-in-One Event Calendar
- My Calendar
- Calendarize It!
Best WordPress sitemaps creator: Google XML sitemap
Google XML Sitemap is an open-source software which will help search engines like Google, Bing and etc to index your website. It has several easy options to build a sitemap. Google XML Sitemap will improve your websites SEO for creating sitemaps to grow your business. Users rated this plugin 5 out 5 stars and it has been downloaded over 10 million times, then as you see it is absolutely one of the best plugins of the current this field.
- A plugin with various translation tools
- Notifies major search engines in every interval of time
- Optimized for speed
- Open source software
- Yoast SEO sitemap
- All in One SEO Pack
Best WordPress Schema Mark up plugin: Schema Pro
Schema Pro is created by the same developers which bring to you All in One Schema Rich Snippets plugin. It is a fast and easy method to automate schema markup which is made by Brainstorm Force. We pick this plugin as the best schema mark up plugin because with this plugin all the configurations will apply automatically to pages and posts. In addition by a clean and minimalist code, this plugin tries to meet Google guidelines.
- Add proper JSON-LD schema markup to your site, in a unique way.
- No need to display an extra review box
- Simple interface with flexibility
- Helpful setup wizard
- 13 different schema types
- Ability to include/exclude post/pages/contents
- Custom fields
- Schema and Structured Data for WP & AMP
- WP SEO Structured data Schema
- All in one Schema Rich Snippets WordPress Plugin
Best WordPress Spam filtering service (Anti Spammer): Akismet
When you first install the WordPress, Akismet plugin comes with it by default but not activated. Akismet is a spam filtering and one of the must-have WordPress plugin which learns from its mistakes with a specific algorithm and helps you to save time by focusing energy on real users comments. Only 15 comments out of every 100 comments are legitimate, so Akismet helps to block future spammers.
- Free spam protection
- Integration to top WordPress plugins
- A great rate of spam caught every hour.
- WordPress Zero Spam
Best WordPress Cache & Page speed optimization plugin: W3 Total Cache
W3 Total Cache is an example of web performance optimization plugins which is trusted by millions of website publishers. W3 improves the SEO and UX of the website by increasing website performance and reducing loading time via features like CDN (content delivery network).
- Transparent content delivery network (CDN) management
- Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) support
- Secure SSL support
- Various security features
- WP Super Cache
- WP Rocket
- Hyper Cache
Best WordPress E-mail marketing plugin: Mail Chimp
MailChimp is a full free marketing automation plugin and an email marketing service. Numbers about this plugin show us the importance of applying this plugin for our targets. It works with over 300 application and services, helps millions of customers over 175 countries in the world and sends 6 billion emails a week for free. MailChimp has a simple slogan “It’s easy to get started, and it’s free. Two things everyone loves.”With this plugin, you can become the brand you always want to be. Apply this plugin to feel the very best features for free in WordPress e-mail marketing.
- Create unique campaigns
- Connect your favorite tools
- Automate your busy work
- Optimize all your efforts
If you are bored from the plain WordPress commenting system, your best choice can be Deeper Comments. This plugin is developed by Webnus and is designed with the most modern methods. Deeper Comments comes with tonnes of features and a great commenting function which makes your visitors eager to participate in conversations.
- Comments and voting feature available
- Allow users to delete their comments from front-end
- Spam protection
- Responsive design
- Fully Ajax
- Integration with all Social Networks
- Post sharing options
- Jetpack Comments
- Disqus Comment System
In this article, we have reviewed some of the best WordPress plugins or in other words, these “must have” WordPress plugins which can be useful for publishers, users, and customers.
From SEO field plugins to email marketing plugins, base on your needs and the target you want to reach, you can choose from some of them or all of them. Keep in mind these plugins are the leading plugins in their fields based on valid and legitimate numbers and statistics. By using them, add both functionality and features to your websites.
Last Modified: October 23, 2019
Last Modified: October 16, 2019
Last Modified: October 7, 2019