The 9 Best Tools for WooCommerce Inventory Management in 2023
Running an e-commerce store requires hard work and organization. Inventory management in particular can be a real drain on your time if you’re not using the right tools.
Thankfully, there are several WooCommerce inventory management tools to ease some of the burdens. You can also request the services of a reputable eCommerce agency to help you with the integration. However, not just any tool will do, and they don’t all offer the same features.
It can be overwhelming and time-consuming to scroll through pages of information and try to make the best decision for your WooCommerce store. Let’s unpack the best WooCommerce inventory management tools in 2022.
The Best WooCommerce Inventory Management Plugins
Read on to learn more about the top nine best tools for WooCommerce inventory management to narrow down your list and find the right match for your business.
ATUM Inventory Management for WooCommerce
ATUM Inventory Management for WooCommerce is one of the top options for shop owners looking to scale their business. It offers comprehensive, powerful inventory control, and it happens to be free.
Users can access a range of reporting options, quick edit features, searches, and filters. Plus, it all goes through an intuitive interface to make life easier and give you more time to focus on other core parts of your business, like higher conversion rates.
- WPML-compatible for businesses targeting global markets
- Bulk actions available, like deactivating items
- Advanced search and filter features, including auto-fill
- Exceptional customer support
- Add-ons available, like Purchase Orders Pro and Action Logs
Most e-commerce store owners manage their inventory and forecasting out of a spreadsheet like Google Sheets. To do this, you’ll need to import and export tons of reports on a regular basis to make sure you’re working with fresh data.
To connect your WooCommerce store, just add it as an integration in your Synchronize dashboard:
Then install the Google Sheets Add-on so you can start using your inventory data directly in Google Sheets with custom functions:
Your data will always be up to date, so you no longer have to worry about exporting and importing CSV files:
If you’re using Google Sheets to manage any part of your WooCommerce store, this is an invaluable tool.
TradeGecko, now known as QuickBooks Commerce, is another powerful plug-in that might make sense for WooCommerce stores that already use QuickBooks. It’s easy to use and lets you manage every aspect of your stock from one dashboard, such as SKUs and back-ordered items.
Unlike ATUM, QuickBooks Commerce isn’t free. Depending on the size of your business and the number of channels you use, expect to pay anywhere from $15 up to $200 per month. The platform often runs deals, but it may not be enough to make it worthwhile.
- Manage inventory in real-time across multiple channels and locations
- Automation features, including invoicing and shipping processes
- Customizable reports with smart insights to make the most of analytics
- B2C and B2B options are available
- Multiple platform integrations available to expand to other markets
Finale Inventory eCommerce
Finale Inventory is a tool that specializes in stock management at all levels, and the eCommerce platform is one of its newest extensions. This platform uses a cloud-based system instead of software. That decision lightens the load on your server space.
While this platform isn’t free, it might be one of the most professional in terms of appearance, approach, and customer support. There is a steeper learning curve with some of the high-level and customization features but it’s generally easy to use.
- Cloud-based platform offers more stability and room to grow
- Multi-location syncing
- API support
- Forecasting for restocking needs
- Knitting and bundling options are available
Katana is one of the more visual inventory management tools with a highly navigable dashboard. It is also one of the newer options on the market, so expect the firm to grow and add more features.
The paid platform delivers real-time data on your inventory, import orders, and monitor raw materials to prepare for reorders. Katana is a solid option for companies that need to track raw material inventory alongside the completed products to ensure you never run out of anything.
- Provides real-time numbers
- Assign and schedule tasks to employees
- Monitor stock at every step of the process from raw materials to finished products
- Barcode scanning capabilities
- Four pricing tiers to meet various business needs
eSwap is another relatively new inventory management tool that can work with businesses of any size and shape. Individuals and small companies can start with the free version, while larger and enterprise-level businesses can pay to access the resources they need.
This cloud-based platform features a clean, intuitive interface that can accept orders, create invoices, and run analytics. It even accepts secure payments and takes orders from other sources, like emails and phone calls.
- Manage shipping, purchase orders and invoices, catalogs, and physical warehouses from one dashboard
- Comprehensive analytics and reports to keep tabs on every aspect of the business
- Workflow automation options to streamline services
- B2B wholesale option
- Various service tiers starting with a free version
Smart Manager for WooCommerce
Smart Manager for WooCommerce is a WordPress plugin providing users with general inventory tracking and bulk edit options. It supports custom products, allows bundling, and sets deals, like coupons. Store owners can use a sheet editor to manage products by various filters, including SKU, backorder, and price.
There are Lite and Pro versions available to support businesses at varying levels. The lite version is free but only has basic tracking and editing features. If you upgrade to Pro, you’ll gain access to bulk editing features, product add-ons, and membership sales.
- Offer coupons with both versions
- Inline editing options in the free and paid versions
- Sort products into columns
- Simple search in Lite and more advanced search options in Pro
- Pro version contains advanced bulk and batch options
WooPOS advertises itself as an all-in-one platform that lets users manage everything across multiple stores. Aside from inventory, it lets you manage employee workflow, follow customer trends, and monitor point-of-sales. WooPOS also handles massive databases with various search and filtering options.
Though WooPOS costs a fair amount more than other options on this list, it does offer some extra services, like tracking employee performance and sales trends. Plus, with this platform, you don’t have to get an additional WooCommerce POS plugin.
- Accepts secure payments via multiple methods
- Access over 500 reports
- Built-in CRM to manage customer behaviors and trends
- Reliable uptime, backed up on the cloud
- Responsive customer support
Stock Synchronization for WooCommerce
Stock Synchronization for WooCommerce is a WordPress plugin that serves only one purpose: to sync inventory counts between two stores to maintain real-time counts.
Users who operate multiple stores know that tracking between them can be precarious at best, but this plugin automates the process. When somebody purchases from one store, it reflects on the inventory available for the other one so that you don’t oversell.
- Easy integration with WooCommerce and Shopify
- Set pricing conditions for each item
- Classify products and assign relevant metadata
- Automate several functions, including how often inventory counts refresh
- Multiple file formats
Orderhive Inventory Management
Startups may want to check out Orderhive Inventory Management for its ability to support scaling. The platform offers enterprise-level support but caters to newer businesses and quick growth.
Orderhive Inventory Management handles everything from the manufacturing process to ordering to shipping, and even supports purchase tracking. In addition, you’ll be able to access several eCommerce automation options, including barcode creation. It’s easy to set daily tasks to improve workflow for your team.
- Works with multiple currencies
- Shipping management can track everything from the lowest rates to the quickest delivery options
- Features tools to handle returns faster and more efficiently
- Real-time reports and analytics to improve decision making
- Creates barcodes and purchase orders
Now you know about the best WooCommerce inventory management tools to help you streamline your shop. We hope you found the right tool to meet your store’s needs. If you still can’t decide, consider doing some side-by-side comparisons of the features to see which tool stands out for you.
January 22, 2024
January 17, 2024
December 27, 2023