With the help of the Elementor Single Builder Addon, you can build your single event in Elementor Editor. It allows you to use various different types of fields and rearrange them using Elementor drag and drop features.
NOTE: Single Builder Addon works with MEC version 4.3.1 and higher.
Elementor Single Builder Addon Settings:
Make sure to enable the following option shown on the image below:
Now you will be able to set different templates for the Single Event Page and then set them for all the Single Event Pages or only for a certain one.
It can also be applied to all Pop-up Modals, or only to a specific Pop-up Modal.
There is a category called MEC Single Builder in the Elementor sidebar, where you can add MEC widgets to the section using the Elementor drag and drop feature.
Now, using the new features in the Elementor, you can easily customize the colors, fonts, sizes, etc.
When adding some of these widgets, you might face a message and cannot see the preview of the widget. To resolve the issue, you need to check to make sure the widget you have added to the page is already enabled in the MEC Settings.
Important Tips to Consider About the Single Builder Addon
Keep in mind that:
- All the information displayed for your last event will be available in Page Builder as well. So in order to have the widget displayed with all the information and without any problems, you should set the right content on your last event.
- You can set a specific event to display in the Elementor edit page on the Single Builder addon as the default template. You can set it in the path on MEC> Settings> Single Event> Single Event Page> Default Single Event Template on Elementor
- If Booking Style is set to Modal on the Single Event page, then you must add the widget for the Register Button to the page. To do that, follow the path Appearance> Widgets> MEC Single Sidebar.
- If you want to view the Template you’ve created, first, you’ll need to choose Elementor Single Builder from the Single Event Settings which is in the MEC Settings on your WordPress dashboard. Then make sure to check if the change has gone through by viewing one of your events from MEC > All Events.
- Also If you want to set a particular template for default Single Event or for default Modal View you can choose the style by simply selecting them in Single Event Settings.
If you are using version 1.5.0 or higher of the add-on
Your shortcodes with “Modal Popup” change to the builders of the Single Builder style. In this version, you are allowed to create unlimited styles for your events for both the main Single Event and the Shortcodes that will be in the form of Modal Popup. If you want to use the same style(default / modern and fluent styles), head over to the Elementor Template menu and import your desired style for the Single Builder.
You can find the JSON file of your desired Single Event style that was created with Elementor here: Download Elementor Single Event Styles
Now you can create several templates and set them for different Single Events like one for the main page and the other for the Modal Popup Single Event.
After you made all these changes, clear the site cache, and enjoy the new design.
Full Width in Single Builder Addon
If you need to design a full-width single event page :
First set MEC Settings > Appearance > Container Width option to 100%.
Then set the section Layout > Current Width on Elementor to “Full Width” and enable the “Stretch Section” option found a bit lower on the sidebar:
1- To start, I installed the add-on, but the Elementor’s editor page displays an error. What should I do?
You can easily go to WordPress Dashboard > Settings > Permalink and set the permalinks of your website on the Post name. After that, the editor page will be active.
2- I get an error code 500 when editing the Elementor Single Builder page.
You need to have the latest version of the add-on and check the configurations of your server. Please follow this guide. If this wasn’t helpful, let us know for more inspection.
3- Does this add-on work with MEC Lite?
Yes, you can use it with MEC Lite as well.
4- I add widgets to the page, but they don’t have any content. Why?
The add-on gets the latest information from your event and edits them. Therefore you must make sure that the last event in MEC > All Events has all the contents that the widget needs for editing.
5- I created a page with Elementor, but it is still showing the default MEC skin. Why is that?
You need to make sure that Elementor Single Builder in MEC Settings > Single Event > Basic > Single Event Style is set.
6- Certain modules are active in MEC Settings, but I cannot see them in the front end. Why is that?
This happens because the widgets in MEC Sidebar are not active. Make sure these widgets are active.