Date and Time
Date and time setting have an extensive section in the Modern event calendar. You can set up a variety of schedules for your events and programs in this part of MEC plugin. After adding an event you can follow these instructions for your plan.
- Set a start date and an end date time for an event: You can set start and end date time in there.
- All day event: If you check this, it means that your event starts at 0:00 A.M. and ends at 11:59 P.M.
- Hide event time: This feature hides the event time on the single event page.
- Time comment: It is used for specifying a time zone. It is shown next to the event time on the single event page. It’s necessary to have your time set to another time zone (another from UTC) or whatever time zone you like.
- Event Repeating: If your event needs to repeat based on a certain interval, simply assign an event to repeat on the calendar.
- Daily: Repeat the current event daily, also there is an input to identify daily interruptions (if you want to show the event on a particular repeat interval during a day you should fill text with 1).
- Every Weekday: This feature makes the event repeat on working days of the week.
- Every Weekend: This feature sets the event to repeat on weekends.
- Certain Weekdays: You select specific days of the week for the events to repeat.
- Weekly: This feature makes the event to repeat every week.
- Monthly: This feature makes the event to repeat every Month (if you want to show event on a particular repeat interval during a month, you should fill the text with 1).
- Yearly: This feature makes the event to repeat every year.
- Custom Day Repeating: The only thing you need to keep in mind is:
• One-day tickets can repeat on the following basis:
every day, every week, every weekend, every month or every year.
• 2-7-day tickets can repeat on the following basis:
Every week, month, year.
• 7-day tickets or the tickets which are less than 30 days can repeat:
Every month or every year.
• More-than-a-month tickets:
Can repeat every year (28 days is the minimum days in a month which belongs to February).
- Advance Repeating: Selecting a day during a week for an event and also it’s monthly repeat along with selecting several different days. For example:
Repeating an event every month for the second Monday of each month or a monthly repeat for the event for the last Sunday and Saturday of each month.
- End Repeating: Some of the repeats function like loops and they continue forever (unlimited event). In order for this to stop, we have added a new option with which you can end the event after “n” repeats or you can set an End Date for it.
For example, there is an event with an “every other day” repeat and it can be seen in the shortcode forever, however, supose that you need to end the event after 200 repeats. To do this, you can simply set the End Repeating on 200, therefore the event will end after 200 repeats.
- Show Only One Occurrence Of This Event: If your set repeat for this event, but you want to show just one occurrence of the event, please enable it.